W52P Firmware (W56H Support)

Logicwrath

Hello,
Can we please have the W52P firmware updated to v80+ so we can start supporting W56H handsets?

The base station for the W52H is the same as the W56H, the only difference is v80+ firmware is required for them to co-exist on the same base station.

According to the FAQ:
http://download.support.yealink.com/download?path=upload%2Fattachment%2F2016-4-20%2F3%2Fb9f044bb-761...

After upgrading from V73 to V80, the base will support both the W52 and W56 handsets. Customers can upgrade the firmware in the same way as Yealink IP phone provisioning. Yealink will soon have a release note regarding the upgrade from V73 to V80. The firmware is free of charge.

• 6 months later...
  • 2600Hz Employees

Hi,

Provisioner has been updated to include the W56 and the v80 firmware. By default, it still uses v73, but you can go into Advanced Provisioner -> Device Settings -> Settings Tab and there's a firmware dropdown available to change the firmware.

On 7/17/2017 at 11:25 AM, Plau said:

Hi,

Provisioner has been updated to include the W56 and the v80 firmware. By default, it still uses v73, but you can go into Advanced Provisioner -> Device Settings -> Settings Tab and there's a firmware dropdown available to change the firmware.

The Phone Firmware gets downgraded whether you select Firmware V80.0.15 or not.

Hosted 4.0-35
RESET W56P to factory default with Yealink RPS pointing to a Advanced provisioner and the SIP W56P firmware is selected as current -> The firmware is downgraded to Firmware Version 25.73.0.40 
Also the PHONE tab is NOT accessible from the web-interface. 
Select in Advanced Provisioner - Firmware V80.0.15 the Config File gets remade.

The Firmware does NOT get upgraded.
Using the Handset. Reset Base to Factory default. 
This keeps the firmware at the same level of 25.73.0.40 But the PHONE tab is now accessible in the web-interface.

Point the Same Phone to Auto Provision on the SandBox Server 4.1-32 using a W56P.
Select in Advanced Provisioner - Firmware V80.0.15 the Config File gets remade. The Firmware does NOT get upgraded.

Upgrade the Firmware manually to V80.0.015
Setup Hosted Sandbox 4.1-32
Phone W56P with Firmware set to V80.0.15.
Phone Provisions, and the phone does NOT get downgraded. 

Phone is at Firmware V80.0.15
Setup on Hosted Cluster 4.0-35
Phone W56P with Firmware set to V80.0.15.
Phone Provisions, and the phone DOES get downgraded. 

Also the PHONE tab is NOT accessible from the web-interface. 

So, a bug in the Hosted 4.0-35 for the W56P phone. It downgrades the device, whether you select Firmware V80.0.15 or not. 

p.s. The W56P isn't made to use 25.73.0.40, so that is probably why the PHONE tab doesn't work the first time. Why it works the after a RESET on the Handset, I am not sure.

• 2600Hz Employees

It looks like the firmware file was missing so it didn't ever upgrade, just downgraded. Sorry about that. I just added the firmware file so the phones will now upgrade.

Thanks for noting that the w56 doesn't work with v73 firmware. I'll update the w5x series to use v80 by default since both models share the same y0000000000xx.cfg file which is how we setup default firmwares. 

21 hours ago, Plau said:

It looks like the firmware file was missing so it didn't ever upgrade, just downgraded. Sorry about that. I just added the firmware file so the phones will now upgrade.

Thanks for noting that the w56 doesn't work with v73 firmware. I'll update the w5x series to use v80 by default since both models share the same y0000000000xx.cfg file which is how we setup default firmwares. 

I am happy to report, that I went through my procedure above, and the device was NOT downgraded! 

Thanks Plau! 

esoare