Dial by Name Directory Option from Virtual Receptionist Menu (Main Number)

Michael D

Hi Kristin,
So, I have a Main number setup in Monster. I cannot access that Call flow menu from the Advanced call flow module in Monster (this is where I could add the directory option)
Is this by design, that you must create the call flow in advanced call flow editor, not the "main number" option in the GUI?

can't see this in the advanced call flow app, only kazoo ui

Guest CBV David
If you're looking for a temporary work-around until the next release, I think I've got a solution that seems to work.

If you create a landline device in the Smart PBX, with the "number" set to a string of letters (in my example I used "fndirectory" for First Name Directory) that correlates to a call-flow, you can set a menu option on the Virtual Receptionist to point toward that "device."

I don't necessarily think it's perfect, but it gets the job done without breaking the user interface by modifying the "Main" callflows.

• 2 weeks later...
This is almost working after the upgrade.  I used the Advanced Call Flows App.  It is not confirming the name for the match found, but it does for one of our users.  Also, does not seem to make a difference weather I check the box in the User setting to include in the company directory.  

Also, I am unable to Remove the extra directories listed in the Advanced Call Flows.  No error thrown.

• 2600Hz Employees
Checking the "Include in the Company Directory" box should include the user to the "SmartPBX directory" with its attached callflow automatically. The users listed in the SmartPBX directory should be the only choices available in the Directory.

Thanks for the report about "not being able to remove directories", I filed a bug and it should be fixed quickly.

Ok.  I have checked that the users are checked to be listed in directory.  I have set the call flow to point to use "SmartPBX directory".  It is almost working.  It finds a match but when confirming the name, it does not always say the name, of the person to confirm, it's blank/pauses, then says press 1 to connect and it does connect.  It is working and saying it for one of our users.

• 2 months later...