MonsterUI Branding App - License??

RuhNet

Recently, I've seen the Branding app installed on some open source clusters that I have worked on for various clients, but I do not see it on GitHub. What is the licensing status of the Branding app? Is it open source, or available for purchase, or ??

Edited by RuhNet (see edit history)

I don't know where it was obtained from---the last one I looked at did not have any git files, so it didn't show a git remote entry. 

There is a community app called "Whitelabel" that offers similar functionality. But the Branding app looks a bit more polished as far as the UI, so if it's OK to use it I would prefer to install and use it.

But I don't want to use it if it's not open source or free/legal to use and was obtained through unapproved means. I know there was a company a while back selling bootlegged copies of some MonsterUI apps and there are probably some of those floating around still, so I just didn't want to inadvertently use something that wasn't allowed.

• 2600Hz Employees

@RuhNet definitely a private app that appears to have been exfiltrated. We know of someone (or someones) who had sandbox access that appear to have taken several private UI apps this way.

The APIs are open for what the branding app does, but the UI code is not. I don't know what we can do about it but if you want to share any information privately, feel free to contact me and we can look into it.