Customer needs solution to replace their old Toshiba IP Series desk phones with 20 programmable BLF buttons and sidecars

Marie

We have a potential customer who currently uses Toshiba IP phones with 20 progammable buttons and some have side cars for more buttons as most all users need BLF display info for 25 employees.

As I am new to this type of setup, I am looking for best solution and have questions.

1.  Which SIP phones are recommended; Polycom?  Cisco?  etc.  And do they have SIP phones for this type of setup?  Softphones?

2.  Looks like there may be a way to program all of the buttons via the Monster Advanced Provisioner.  Has anyone done this successfully?

Thanks, just starting to dig into this and read a few discussions around this on this Community. 

I prefer Polycom (try the VVX series, or the SoundPoint IP series with a sidecar)

Yealinks usually have a lot of BLF keys too though, I just think they're really cheap feeling so I don't like selling them.

Yes, you can program the BLF keys with Advanced Provisioner. I don't know about others, but Polycom works other than using BLF keys for parking has issues with pickup. If you just want BLF for extensions though it works fine.

Thanks Karl.  I do like the quality of the Polycom phones.  I would think BLF for parking would not be an issue.  All users just need to know who is available to transfer a call to.  Seems to make sense that if a user parks a call, it will show that the user is not busy on the line.  Are you saying that if a user picks up a parked call, it will not show that user busy?