Add 1 number to multiple phones or users

Dane Reugger

I feel like this is a pretty dumb question but for the life of me I can't figure out how to make a users number ring on another phone. I don't want a ring group but need to add the bosses phone to the secretary's phone as a separate combo key or line?

On a Yealink T46 I tried
1.) adding a combo key with type = line, Account = Line 1, Value = Extension of user, Label = user's name

and  2.) I tried adding a Line with Sip credentials from the users device (inheriting all other setting)

Neither has worked so far - any clue how to add a users number to another phone?

Thanks!
-Dane

I'm not sure how you could make this all work under one key (it might be possible we just aren't aware of it), but here's what we do:

- On the secretary's phone add a BLF key for the boss.
- Setup a callflow (any number you want) and use the "directed call pickup" option in the call flow, selecting the boss's phone
- On the secretary's phone, add another feature key and make it a speed dial for the call flow mentioned above (i.e. Pickup Boss)

When the boss gets a call, the secretary will see the BLF key for the boss blinking red and then he/she can press the "Pickup Boss" key.

I know that Polycoms have a "pickup" key that with some systems you can use to press before you press a BLF/speed dial key, but I've never figured out how to make it work on Kazoo.

Every users has their own DID so when the phone rings they want to know it's for the boss or secretary and so on?
Maybe I am over thinking this? maybe I can just use a ring group for every user and put those on a separate button per phone? It's more complicate than just the secretary and boss but maybe I can do it with ring groups. I assumed adding it to the device would be simple?

Thanks again,
-Dane

How about doing a roll over with the secretary as the next item in the call flow? (i.e. ring boss for 20 seconds and then ring secretary for 5 seconds)

You could pre-pend the caller ID so the secretary would hear it ring and would see "FWD" or something before the caller ID so he/she would know it was a call that the boss didn't pick up that's being forwarded to him/her.

Hi guys - just to follow up on this  - 

I went ahead with combo keys for speed dial pickup and advanced call flows. The client is not happy but is dealing with it. But now my problem is the numbers that I use with call flows no longer have a number assigned so I cannot set up caller ID. 

Is there a way to get caller ID working again? Would this work if it did it from the phones web interface directly? Or will the PBX override it?

Thanks for everyones help!
-Dane