2600Hz Community

Feature Code move 6683?

Tuly

On 8/11/2017 at 6:15 AM, Tuly said:

I may have asked ones but do not have an answer, 

what is the Feature Code "move 6683" ?

It is for the following reason.

If as a User, I forward my VoIP phone to my cell phone, using *72 + 1503-xxx-xxxx. 

1) I get an outside call (or another extension) that calls me. 

2) The call gets forwarded to my cell and I am speaking with the caller

3) I can go to my desk phone. 

4) Press 6683 + Send

5) The system will connect the caller to my VoIP phone and disconnect the call to my cell phone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It is to move calls to a user, between devices. 

FYI: hope I'm not spoiling things for anyone :)

This works with 2600hz mobile also! 

I can move a call 6683, between my Desk VoIP and my 2600hz Mobile device by pressing 6683 + Send on my cell phone. And vice versa. 

If that answers your question, feel free to hit that "Green Plus" sign on this post. 

esoare

• Upvote 2

Thank you understood, Let me go a step further,

is it possible to transfer back a phone call ( was transferred to a cell) from cell phone to the office phone? 

Let's say you get a forwarded call on your cell phone,  and you would like to transfer it back to one secretary is possible to press something like *2101? 

On 8/17/2017 at 7:14 PM, Tuly said:

Thank you understood, Let me go a step further,

is it possible to transfer back a phone call ( was transferred to a cell) from cell phone to the office phone? 

Let's say you get a forwarded call on your cell phone,  and you would like to transfer it back to one secretary is possible to press something like *2101? 

Not that I am aware of. Hopefully it would be available on 2600hz Mobile sometime soon. And even better, on any cell phone. But I am not sure if it is in the pipeline. 

• 4 months later...

@Tuly Sorry I misled you. In the Post below @Darren Schreiber posted answer that. It has to do with Multiple SIP devices assigned to a User. So 2600hz Mobile (which I am using, and 6683 works with) works, but off-net forwarded calls, are not usable with the 6683 feature. 

19 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

To be clear, dialing 6683 scans the system for any other (single) call leg to a user who owns the same phone as the one you dial from, and then moves it. In the case of a forward, there's no phone on the system in-use.

20 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

No, this should never have worked. I don't think that's true.

This feature is used to move an active call from one phone to another - either a Sprint cell phone run via 2600Hz mobile (cause that counts as a SIP Device) or a WebRTC client or an actual SIP Device. NOT an off-net forwarded call.