Call Recordings

@Jack Noe

Hey Jack,

There are a lot of factors to consider when displaying call recordings in a UI. Mainly surrounding permissions. I don't believe Monster has these permission sets [yet]. Utilizing their data store component, you can immediately send files elsewhere that could be accessed in a UI like AWS or google drive. So this could work for you if that's something you can set up given your current position with 2600. I.E. I don't know if you host your own cluster or use their hosted product. 

In our UI, an administrator sets permissions on the user that is logging in. They set whose recordings the user can access, and what actions they can perform on those recordings. For example, the sales manager can access the sales people's recordings, and his own recordings. For his recordings, he can download them, stream them, lock them, and take notes on them. For his sales people, he can do all those actions, read the sales people's notes, add more notes, and even delete the recordings. But then, like the support manager, they can't even see the sales people's recordings. So i hope you can see how complex the permissions are, and if this is something you want, I suggest filing a feature request in the JIRA portal - 2600hz.atlassian.net . There are a lot of HIPPA compliance around the storage and retrieval of recordings too, so that's a factor to consider when developing a UI for them :-)

My portal UI has tackled the issue of rights management with call recordings and is able to restrict access to recordings. We have done the same with voicemail boxes, giving the ability to share a voicemail box across users that need to administrate others or manage group voicemail boxes.

However, with call recordings, when you select record all at the account level, transferred calls are recorded additive by 2600hz. I.e. the initial call is appended to the transferred call and becomes part of the user's recording. Therefore, the recordings may contain their bosses' conversation prior to the transfer of the call. We would like 2600hz to change that behavior so users only hear their own recordings. This would enforce a proper rights management scheme where users are privy to only their portion of a recorded call.  

Edited by Izabell balash
Removed Self Promotion - as stated in forum rules and guidlines "Post links or attempt to covertly promote outside services" are not allowed as well as any "Soliciting, auctioning, raffling, selling, advertising, referrals". (see edit history)