Polycom line key features

Jack Noe

Hi ALL!

I have 3 things i want to program on a on a polycom VVX,
It would be a great help, if anyone can respond to any of those.

1. I want an extra soft key for Blind Transfer and an extra soft key for  Attn Transfer. Currently i can only set currently, either blind either attn.

1. I want a line key to have the function as a prefix. As i have customers who want  to dial out with a specific caller ID on that line, So instead of creating a device and setting the line key for line 2, i want to set a prefix to dial the star code ill set for the caller ID. I attached a snap shot of a yealink phone.

1. I want a line key on the polycom to serve as a transfer, so while on the phone i can click  one key to transfer to a specific place i will set up, i attached a snapshot of a yealink phone  

Yealink456.PNG

10 hours ago, Jack Noe said:

1. I want an extra soft key for Blind Transfer and an extra soft key for  Attn Transfer. Currently i can only set currently, either blind either attn.

Polycom firmware 5.6.x brings this feature back where it asks you during every transfer and you can very easily select. It was removed in 5.3.x through 5.5.x - the only alternative you have is to program a soft key through the custom config file but that takes up an extra soft key:

<blind feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.action="$P1N4$$Trefer$" softkey.1.label="Blind" efk.efkprompt.1.status="1" 
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Enter transfer destination" 
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric" 
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible" 
efk.efkprompt.1.digitmatching="none"
/>

1. I want a line key to have the function as a prefix. As i have customers who want  to dial out with a specific caller ID on that line, So instead of creating a device and setting the line key for line 2, i want to set a prefix to dial the star code ill set for the caller ID. I attached a snap shot of a yealink phone.

You can add a prefix by creating a softkey. Here is an example using *36:

<inter feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.use.idle="1" softkey.2.action="*36$P1N3$" softkey.2.label="Prepend" 
efk.efkprompt.2.type="numeric" 
efk.efkprompt.2.userfeedback="visible" 
efk.efkprompt.2.digitmatching="none"
/>

1. I want a line key on the polycom to serve as a transfer, so while on the phone i can click  one key to transfer to a specific place i will set up, i attached a snapshot of a yealink phone  

You would do that by adding a "feature key" in advanced provisioner (within Monster) and then setting it to "automata"

Hi Karl

On 1/25/2018 at 8:19 PM, Karl Stallknecht said:

Polycom firmware 5.6.x brings this feature back where it asks you during every transfer and you can very easily select. It was removed in 5.3.x through 5.5.x - the only alternative you have is to program a soft key through the custom config file but that takes up an extra soft key:

<blind feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.1.enable="1" softkey.1.precede="1" softkey.1.use.active="1" softkey.1.action="$P1N4$$Trefer$" softkey.1.label="Blind" efk.efkprompt.1.status="1" 
efk.efkprompt.1.label="Enter transfer destination" 
efk.efkprompt.1.type="numeric" 
efk.efkprompt.1.userfeedback="visible" 
efk.efkprompt.1.digitmatching="none"
/>

I tried uploading this file to a vvx 300

Nothing changed 

Do you know why?

• 10 months later...

You can add a prefix by creating a softkey. Here is an example using *36:

<inter feature.enhancedFeatureKeys.enabled="1" softkey.2.enable="1" softkey.2.use.idle="1" softkey.2.action="*36$P1N3$" softkey.2.label="Prepend" 
/>

Hi Karl:

I followed this for a prefix but nothing happens when dialing that prefix softkey 

Attached is a snapshot of the phone 

Capturevvx.PNG

• 10 months later...

Hi All!

This is the info of the phone

Phone Information
Phone Model VVX 401
Part Number 3111-48400-001 Rev:A
MAC Address  
IP Address 192.168.1.30
UC Software Version 5.4.6.4588
Updater Version 5.6.6.4502

I uploaded this file and a solf key names Prepend came up, but nothing happens when i press it

/>