Conference Software Architecture Roles

conn

• 2600Hz Employees

It seems there is a bash script sitting in front of the actual sup escript that is failing to pass along the command line args properly. I'm looking into it.

Bypass-able thusly:

/opt/kazoo/bin/kazoo escript lib/sup-4.2.28/priv/sup.escript -?
Usage: sup [-?] [-n [<node>]] [-c [<cookie>]] [-t [<timeout>]] [-v]
           [<module>] [<function>] [args ...]

-?, --help     Show the program options
  -n, --node     Node name [default: kazoo_apps]
  -c, --cookie   Erlang cookie [default: change_me]
  -t, --timeout  Command timeout [default: 0]
  -v, --verbose  Be verbose
  <module>       The name of the remote module
  <function>     The name of the remote module's function

But I'm working on a fix for the bash script sitting in front of this invocation

7 hours ago, mc_ said:

It seems there is a bash script sitting in front of the actual sup escript that is failing to pass along the command line args properly. I'm looking into it.

Bypass-able thusly:

/opt/kazoo/bin/kazoo escript lib/sup-4.2.28/priv/sup.escript -?
Usage: sup [-?] [-n [<node>]] [-c [<cookie>]] [-t [<timeout>]] [-v]
           [<module>] [<function>] [args ...]

-?, --help     Show the program options
  -n, --node     Node name [default: kazoo_apps]
  -c, --cookie   Erlang cookie [default: change_me]
  -t, --timeout  Command timeout [default: 0]
  -v, --verbose  Be verbose
  <module>       The name of the remote module
  <function>     The name of the remote module's function

But I'm working on a fix for the bash script sitting in front of this invocation

Oh, okay. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is this comment up to date:

# Add 2600Hz RPM server
# You can find the latest Release RPM here: https://packages.2600hz.com/centos/7/stable/2600hz-release/
# Currently, 4.2 is considered 'stable' so:
# https://packages.2600hz.com/centos/7/stable/2600hz-release/4.2/2600hz-release-4.2-0.el7.centos.noarch.rpm

After running  `yum -y install monster-ui* httpd` I get:

Install  11 Packages (+5 Dependent packages)

Total download size: 35 M
Installed size: 52 M
Downloading packages:

Error downloading packages:
  monster-ui-application-accounts-4.2-4.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  centos-logos-70.0.6-3.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-core-4.2-48.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-numbers-4.2-0.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-voicemails-4.2-2.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-fax-4.2-2.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-callflows-4.2-19.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  mailcap-2.1.41-2.el7.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-webhooks-4.2-3.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-pbxs-4.2-3.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  httpd-2.4.6-80.el7.centos.x86_64: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  apr-1.4.8-3.el7_4.1.x86_64: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-4.2-57.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  apr-util-1.5.2-6.el7.x86_64: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  httpd-tools-2.4.6-80.el7.centos.x86_64: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory
  monster-ui-application-voip-4.2-19.el7.centos.noarch: [Errno 5] [Errno 12] Cannot allocate memory

How do I resolve this?

I have finished the setup here: https://docs.2600hz.com/sysadmin/doc/install/install_via_centos7/

I have looked around, but I confused where to start with my goal I first mentioned I wanted to do.

First off, how do "calls" even work here? How can I have two numbers call each other? What do I need to learn to understand that bit.

I understand what callflows are.

Where would I start to make an all voice conference service, where, like IRC, you have multiple rooms and you have an endpoint like a website where users say, click on the room they want to enter and enter a conference that is open all the time to any number of people at the same time?

• 2600Hz Employees

There is a simplistic quickstart guide that will show you some basic API commands.

Endpoints dial numbers, some endpoints carry around a caller ID so you "know" who is calling. Numbers are assigned to callflows which determine what to do with the caller - put them in a conference, connect them other endpoints, play a recording, put the caller in a conference, etc.

Triggering calls from a website typically requires using Click-To-Call. You can also front the request with your own server and call the conference dial command from your server.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To really clear things up for myself, I would like to know if this software is really suitable for my use case. Much of what I have seen it be used as is as internal phone systems. Office phones, and whatever. I guess my use case is essentially a "Discord Voice Channel". I guess this software could be used for that, but am I overcomplicating things by using this for voice channels that would be used via apps for Android devices?