escript: Failed to open file sup.escript

Hi,

I am trying to build kazoo (kazoo 4.3 with erlang otp 20.3) from source and i followed the instructions as in github (https://github.com/2600hz/kazoo/blob/master/doc/installation.md).

I symlinked the    "/kazoo/core/sup/priv/sup" to   "/usr/bin" and  "/kazoo/sup.bash/"    to  "/etc/bash_completion.d/" . The kazoo_apps and ecallmgr are running successfully. But i am getting the following error,

escript: Failed to open file: /opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.54/priv/sup.escript

What i have noticed is that the sup version installed in the directory /opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/lib/ is 4.3.55 but it is searching for 4.3.54 directory.

Any help is really appreciated,

Thanks and regards,

G. Jayachandra.

Edited by Jayachandra (see edit history)

sorry for not checking the log clearly, mostly the issue is related to Erlang version. afaik your issue can you find the file sup.escript and tell us where it is located. the sup file which you symlinked, just calls bin/kazoo file with the location of sup.escript, can you output the value for `sudo find / -name sup.escript` which will tell us where the file is, the issue here is the file cannot be found and maybe the code is compiled somewhere else and you have old version of code without the sup.escript somewhere else, the sup bash file just looks for directories and if it exists it assumes the sup.escript file must be inside it. we can give you the exact answer based on the location of the file.

• 2600Hz Employees
On 9/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, Jayachandra said:

What i have noticed is that the sup version installed in the directory /opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/lib/ is 4.3.55 but it is searching for 4.3.54 directory.

the problem is in your symlink.

you probably created the symlink then upgrade/update made a new release which will change the folder where sup is, 4.3.54 when created, 4.3.55 after update/upgrade

On 9/20/2019 at 11:47 PM, romana said:

sorry for not checking the log clearly, mostly the issue is related to Erlang version. afaik your issue can you find the file sup.escript and tell us where it is located. the sup file which you symlinked, just calls bin/kazoo file with the location of sup.escript, can you output the value for `sudo find / -name sup.escript` which will tell us where the file is, the issue here is the file cannot be found and maybe the code is compiled somewhere else and you have old version of code without the sup.escript somewhere else, the sup bash file just looks for directories and if it exists it assumes the sup.escript file must be inside it. we can give you the exact answer based on the location of the file.

Here is the output for "sudo find / -name sup.escript",

/opt/kazoo/core/sup/priv/sup.escript
/opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.56/priv/sup.escript
/opt/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.56/priv/sup.escript
/opt/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.55/priv/sup.escript

On 9/21/2019 at 8:28 PM, lazedo said:

the problem is in your symlink.

you probably created the symlink then upgrade/update made a new release which will change the folder where sup is, 4.3.54 when created, 4.3.55 after update/upgrade

I just now made release and done the sup_completion and symlinked but still facing the same issue

5 hours ago, Jayachandra said:

Here is the output for "sudo find / -name sup.escript",

/opt/kazoo/core/sup/priv/sup.escript
/opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.56/priv/sup.escript
 /opt/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.56/priv/sup.escript
 /opt/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.55/priv/sup.escript

ok so the sup bash file is looking for /opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/lib/sup-4.3.56/priv/sup.escript

and in doing so it first checks if folder /opt/kazoo/_rel/kazoo/ exists

if it does it searches for lib/sup-*/priv/sup.escript inside it, just make sure there is no other sup folder inside the lib folder, it could also be some other issue with your os or disk,  but for a temporary fix, edit the symlinked sup file and change the last line from `lib/sup-*/priv/sup.escript` to `lib/sup-4.3.56/priv/sup.escript` and it should work.