KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Add custom field/attribute to Users and CDRs Schemas

abuzooz

Hi All

I want to ask if I can add a custom field in users schema, so I can use it  when creating a new user via API, I want to add "team_id" to users so I can easily map this user to his team in other databases when fetching his data.

Moreover, I was wondering if we can also include this custom field in the CDR response (in addition to the normal fields returned)

• abuzooz changed the title to Add custom field/attribute to Users and CDRs Schemas
  • 2600Hz Employees

If you create a user with any fields not defined in the schema, KAZOO will store them untouched. So you can easily add "team_id" to the user doc when you create it and you will get it back when you fetch the user doc.

For the CDR portion, you should get the Owner-ID included if the device involved in the call leg is owned by a user. Assuming you track the KAZOO User's ID + "team_id", you should be able to receive the CDR, read the Owner-ID and associate the CDR with the user / team in your application.

And welcome! :)

You Rock! Yes it worked to add team_id in the member creation request!

Now for the CDR part, I want to enforce adding team_id custom field in each CDR record for historical trail reason, consider the following scenario:

team X has 5 members and they made 10 calls on March 19, 2020, now if we relocated one of these team members (lets say member 123)  to team Y, then we generated a report for team X to see all calls made on March 19, we will notice that the number of calls are different as we are not counting the calls made by (member 123) as Member 123 is part of a new team now, which will yield in a wrong reporting.

Is there anyway to customize the fields written in the CDR document to include this new field? as the other option to solve this problem is to save CDRs data into another warehouse and add the team_id manually for each record as written which is a complicated and long process

• 2600Hz Employees

You have some options but nothing immediately straightforward that I can see.

There are "custom_application_vars" that you can set in a callflow: https://docs.2600hz.com/dev/applications/callflow/doc/set_variables/

So if you have a callflow that goes to a ring_group for "team X" you could put 'set_variables' before the ring_group action and set the team_id in the CAVs. These CAVs will appear on the CDR.

I tired to set as it as you said, just before the main call flow for outbound calls, however, it havent written anything in the CDR when tested!

Also I saw that SET CAV action was to set it manually not using the CAV(team_id) as a dynamic variable to be set from the user who is making the call.

image.png.e666c738d90fd3f6f5966c1af96508d7.pngimage.png.3b703c1ebb35ef89a0f6ce6473338d34.png

On 3/23/2020 at 3:18 AM, safarov said:

This may be related to https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-11490

I added this line <param name="send-all-headers" value="true" /> into Kazoo-freeswitch kazoo.conf file and I added set-cav manual value in outbound callflow with now luck.

beside, I dont want to set a static value, I want to use a custom value (team_id) which I added while creating this user to be used in the CDRs

Sorry guys, I am not Kazoo Guru

Any advise?

• 2600Hz Employees

assuming you're running 4.3 releases, if you install kazoo-freeswitch >= 4.3.16 without change, it should work oob.

make sure to look into freeswitch logs for kazoo initiated commands to set the cav variable

don't do this, this is a developer setting, it will degrade your system

2 hours ago, abuzooz said:

<param name="send-all-headers" value="true" />

On 3/24/2020 at 1:24 PM, lazedo said:

assuming you're running 4.3 releases, if you install kazoo-freeswitch >= 4.3.16 without change, it should work oob.

make sure to look into freeswitch logs for kazoo initiated commands to set the cav variable

don't do this, this is a developer setting, it will degrade your system

Thank you, I was advised that send-all-headers is used for development purpose, is that correct?

Beside, where can I find a list of kazoo dynamic variables, like (account_id), (caller_id_number) ..etc that can be set on runtime, I want it to pass the realm of the customer who is making the call (realm name not IP), I tried to use {realm) and it is received as is not its value. same if I want to user {user_id}..etc

is this list of dynamic variables published anywhere?

As you can see in screenshot below, I want to set these variables to be passed in the sip header on run_time, this is important so our billing system will log these info in its CDRs

I using API by patching the resource API, I was able to send user_caller_id_number for example using {caller_id_number}, but I cant figure out the dynamic variables names for the highlighted variables (user_id, cav_team_id, and most important real name (not IP))

Any advise?

Capture2.PNG

Edited by abuzooz (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2600Hz Employees

If the fields are not defined in the JSON schemas, KAZOO will store them but they are unused. How would they show up in the CDR at that point?

Instead, in the callflow, use https://docs.2600hz.com/dev/applications/callflow/doc/set_variables/

However, since you want to dynamically set team_id (or whatever) you will need to use Pivot in your callflow to set the variable on your server.

So your callflow would for "no_match" would be Pivot -> Your HTTP Server. Your server would then return callflow JSON like "{"module":"set_variables", "data":{"custom_application_vars":{"team_id":"YOUR_DYNAMIC_TEAM_ID"}}, "children":{"_":{"module":"resources", "data":{...}}}}"

I have not counted my curly braces so adjust accordingly :)