Ring Group external ringtone

abuzooz

Hi All

I am trying to play a media file when someone calls a ring group, I noticed an option called 'Ring Back' but this only works if the call was received from internal caller, my target is to be able to set a media for each source, to play a media when receiving an internal call and to play a different media in case of external call.

I read here that there is something called ringroups ringtone external/internal but it is not working with me to set it up via API.

This is a sample callflow create API to create a ringgroup with ringbank, any advise?

{"data":
{"patterns":[],
"numbers":["+XXXXXXXXX","222"],
"flow":{"data":{"name":"TestRing",
"endpoints":[{"endpoint_type":"user","id":"0520f33ca5ecc05a172f984e2d41f7f0","delay":0,"timeout":20}
            ,{"endpoint_type":"user","id":"ab92015ffc8f7ee722c68fa9a66d5ef5","delay":0,"timeout":20}],
            "strategy":"simultaneous",
            "timeout":20,
            "repeats":2,
            "ringback":"d9df631bc2abc6b83a3629e44b5d6bff",
            "ignore_forward":true},
            "module":"ring_group","children":{}}},
            "auth_token":"{AUTH_TOKEN}"}

@Karl Stallknecht Yes, the media you will hear while ringing on a ring group. for internal calls, call backs option is working just fine, I want to know what is the option to be used to have the same for incoming calls coming from external sources.

But not the media in the call flow, as if you put a media in call flow before ringgroup, you will listen to the media before ringing the members in this ringgroup, it is like holdon music. 

• 9 months later...
  • Customers

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to make a group have a certain ringtone? That way someone can distinguish if they are being called directly or if its just the group they are a part of? There is an applet in advanced callflow called Distinctive Ring . We have never used this function before. Just want to know if any one have used the distinctive ring and how?

Any advice?

Thanks,
Dhruv

• 3 months later...

There is no problem with Kazoo, it is related to the carrier itself, you need to understand that ring groups are different than queues, where in ring groups you are streaming the media without the call being picked-up while in queues, the call will be connected then media is steamed, this is always supported by all carriers.

We have music working on ring groups, but not all carriers play it, some does and others doesnt.

@Sara

15 hours ago, abuzooz said:

There is no problem with Kazoo, it is related to the carrier itself, you need to understand that ring groups are different than queues, where in ring groups you are streaming the media without the call being picked-up while in queues, the call will be connected then media is steamed, this is always supported by all carriers.

We have music working on ring groups, but not all carriers play it, some does and others doesnt.

@Sara

thanks @abuzooz

14 hours ago, fmateo05 said:

Any success with your config?

This information could be also useful:

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/180+vs+183+vs+Early+Media

thanks, i will also check the free switch settings