Scheduled device reboots / one time and re-occuring

Logicwrath

Hello,
In the provisioner, we have a reboot option per device.  It would be nice if we had the following options above and beyond that.

1. Reboot single device at X time.  This way we can make a change and have the phone automatically reboot late at night when it is not in use.

2. Reboot single device at X time on schedule.  I have seen people complain about BLF issue and phone reboots.  In some cases rebooting a single phone on a schedule might help eliminate complaints.

3. Reboot all phones in an account.

4. Reboot all phones in an account at X time.

5. Reboot all phones in an account at X time on a schedule.

---

At this time it would certainly be helpful if we could schedule reboots at night for when we make changes but don't want to reboot the phone because we don't know if it is in use.

• 4 weeks later...
With more recent BLF issues I have put in some time figuring out how to reboot phones for a specific client.  I wanted to share the information here.

This information is only for Yealink phones.

First, it seems like small Internet outages (1-2 minutes) are worse than larger outages (> 5 minutes).  The way I understand it, the phone might "re-subscribe" to BLF if it detects an Internet outage.  However, if the outage is in between registrations and the phone does not detect it because the outage is small, it might not do that and BLF can break and stop working.  We have seen this behavior even if the OUT DIALOG BLF setting is enabled.  This setting is supposed to allow the phone to accept NOTIFY updates even if they are out of sequence.

Since we don't have a way to reboot phones on a schedule I needed to write a script.

First, in order to allow the Yealink phones to accept remote control commands you need to configure the following setting:

## Enable or Disable "Allow Remote Control" prompt on phone:
features.show_action_uri_option=0

I am not sure if this is available in the GUI, if you find it in the GUI, please update this thread.  You may only be able to set this option during provisioning.  We provision our phones privately first and then re-provision them with 2600's Advanced Provisioner.  This allows us to configure *required* settings that 2600 does not support.

You could save the settings to a file and upload the file as a local configuration.  I think that would work as well.

Next, you need to configure the Yealink phone to allow ActionURI commands to be accepted by your IP or subnet.

## Specifies the address(es) from which ActionURI will be accepted.features.action_uri_limit_ip=192.168.*.*,172.16.*.*,10.*.*.*

The command above will allow ActionURI commands from any private IP subnet.  You could also set it to any or something specific.

Once these settings are configured you can use the remote control features that Yealink provides including the "Reboot" command.  Here is an example:

https://username:password@ip.address/cgi-bin/ConfigManApp.com?key=Reboot

You can run that in a browser, use CURL, or some other method.  This will reboot the phone immediately.  If the user is on the phone, it will wait until the call is ended and then reboot immediately.

In our case we configured a script in our firewall to reboot the phones every day at a specific time.  It also staggers the reboots by 30 seconds so the 2600 proxy does not think it is getting attacked.

This is already having a positive effect for us.  Additionally, if we make any changes during the day, we can expect those changes to be applied within 24 hours.

• 2 weeks later...