Potential Fix For BLF issues on Yealinks. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Rick Guyton

You're right about the NAPTR records not being supported on DNS Made Easy.

I figured that between our own DNS and DNS Made Easy, the likelihood of specifically 2600hz's east coast proxy having an outage at the same time as our own DNS servers is pretty low so I just took a chance when setting it up. So technically speaking if our DNS servers go down then the NAPTR records won't work, but Polycoms at least will fall back to A records, which WILL be up via DNS Made Easy:

http://support.polycom.com/global/documents/support/technical/products/voice/SIP_Server_Fallback_TB5...
(see page 5)

If other phones such as Yealinks or Cisco don't fail back to A records then that would cause a problem of course. And if 2600hz's east coast proxy went down when our DNS was also down, then it wouldn't fail over to central or west coast. But again, the likelihood is all of those things happening at once is pretty low.

All of this being said, we aren't even using hostnames yet for any live clients. But once we get transitioned to Monster then what I have mentioned above will apply.