Caller Id Routing / Junk robo call filter

Raj

A feature that would be nice is to have caller id based routing, i.e any call from xxx area code or number goes to a specific ring group or person.

Also it can be used as a call filter for junk calls. I have had customers complain that they do get junk calls when they have a DiD that is life and active and the one way I have set this up is to put a menu so it prevents the robo calls from going through as robo calls can't press 1. 

I have used this on traditional PBX's and it works great. So just wanted to see if this could be a possible feature others would like or if anyone has figured out a way on Kazoo, 

Thanks,

R-

Sure Karl, we recommend currently that clients that get bombarded with robocalls simply put a menu item at the beginning of their call flow. Even if they don't really need one, they can just make two menu items like "press 1 for sales and 2 for service" even if they ring the same phones. Sure, that won't stop real person sales, but it will prevent the robodials since they won't press 1.

So for example a company has a client has marketing goin on for a specific area cdoe or area codes, they can route thos calls based on the prefix. here in silicon valley we have 5 legacy prefixes with 2 new overlay numbers, all of these can be built in so you can route based on prefix.

so if some calls from san francisco i.e 415 area code then route those calls to a specific ring group internally. this helps in marketing

Yea, we can't do it by pre-defined numbers. But, my impression is that most solicitation companies use multiple DIDs to call anyhow. Too cumbersome to include in a callflow. But it'd be cool if we could figure out a way to program a BLF button to add the current caller to a block list.

on another hosted telecom platform they had where you can route by caller id and when the caller id came in you could rout it to a: busy tone, send it to a voicemail box or block the DiD all together.

this would be a nice feature.

r-

We used Pivot to block calls based on CallerID and I think you can also use it for routing calls to different call flows.  But there is no UI for it.  Not sure how we can make an "APP" on Monster to create nice UI. 

Example pivot url:

<?php
header('content-type:application/json');
$callerID = $_REQUEST['Caller-ID-Number'];

$callerID = trim($callerID, "+");
$callerID = preg_replace('/\D/', '', $callerID);
$callerID = substr($callerID,-10);

if(strcmp(strleft($callerID,3),"415")==0)
{
 echo '{"module":"response"
           ,"data":{
               "code":"486"
               ,"message":"User Busy"
               ,"media":"id_or_url"
                }
           }';

}else

{ echo '{"module":"callflow"
       ,"data":{"id":"somecallFlowID"}
            }';
   }
?>

@Karl: this is an example of a PIVOT call flow. What you are seeing is PHP code that resides on your server somewhere. So basically, if you setup a PIVOT callflow, 2600hz queries your webserver for a callflow and you can dynamiclly create one. In this example, the code above evaluates the callerID of the incoming call. If the first 3 numbers are 486, it gives a busy signal. If not, it tells 2600hz to go follow another callflow.

@Ralley: Thanks for the example. That's awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We have a large potential customer who is requesting Customer Based Routing by area code in the IVR.

Here's what they need:

Once the call hits the IVR the system would recognize the area code and route the call to that person automatically.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2600Hz Employees
Hi Karl, 
The APIs are there and active on the hosted platform, though we are not formally offering them as part of the product yet, pending some additional testing. Our policy is generally not to quote it as part of the hosted platform until it is implied in the GUI, hence the response to your Zendesk ticket. 

Since we are trying to address a need and this functionality is fairly basic, if you would like to assist us in testing it out, you may try to set up blacklisting through the APIs, and we would be interested to see a reply on how it goes. However, as it is not officially part of our feature set yet, we are unable to provide normal support ticketing for it.

Thank you and good luck!