Any good CDR analytics packages?

• Administrators

@esoare the reason I said it screams CDRs is because you said "missed" calls. Also the inbound call stats sounds like call center too, frankly. Like I can't imagine a customer saying "I'm curious how many people called our main number", but perhaps people say that.

But what good is a "missed" call for a sales person? Number of times someone called and they weren't at their desk and it went to voicemail? They care about that?

Just now, Darren Schreiber said:

@esoare the reason I said it screams CDRs is because you said "missed" calls. Also the inbound call stats sounds like call center too, frankly. Like I can't imagine a customer saying "I'm curious how many people called our main number", but perhaps people say that.

But what good is a "missed" call for a sales person? Number of times someone called and they weren't at their desk and it went to voicemail? They care about that?

I have a customer with 20 numbers they ported over, because they were unsure if people still called those numbers... I gotta pay $ for that now. If I could tell them without a doubt that they got NO calls on 19 of those numbers. Then, walla, money in pocket. :) after I pay for the DID cancel fee. lol :)

I had another potential customer, who ran multiple business numbers in various regions of a state, that forwarded to 1 number. He would look at all those "region" telephone bills, and see what adds work, or whatever... it was a big deal for the guy. I couldn't provide that granularity on calls per DID, therefore no client. (not to frustrated about it, but just providing a real world example of how that would be used). I agree! Most customers with 1 number, would not necessarily be interested...

but, what if a company wanted to run an A/B addvertising blitz. They used DID 1 for advertising A, and DID 2 for advertising B. After running adds for a week/month/whatever, they could tell which add worked better, or what region they were getting clients from, and concentrating their add dollars appropriately.  (this one was just an idea I had, but seems feasible as a need) 

Missed Calls - might be a fringe, but from a business perspective, it 'may' /would tell if a person is not taking care of incoming calls... perhaps you are correct though. 

@Darren Schreiber Did the other metrics (not missed calls) look good to you?

• Administrators

Wow, this is indeed a way larger list than expected. I think what we'll do is a basic CDR tool that is on par with what other market vendors offer, and then maybe a more advanced CDR tool that for a few bucks gives you all these other data points. Since the goal is to effectively save money or run advertising campaigns (also revenue generating) it seems reasonable that the customers would want to pay to have this extra information, which would cover the cost of making the tool more elaborate.

We'll have to investigate what other people do and where that line should be drawn.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

3 hours ago, Mark Magnusson said:

I will take this opportunity to chime in here to say that as of 4.2 Qubicle has reporting capabilities that include:

Per Queue

• Average wait time
  • Call Count
  • Timeout Count
  • Abandon Count

Per Agent

• Call Count
  • Missed Call Count
  • Rejected Call Count
  • Average Call Duration
  • Average Ring Duration

These will all be available via a new qubicle_reports API (as well as in a nice new graphical dashboard).

This will likely make it much easier to get the data you are interested in for call center calls without having to process the WebSocket events that Dave listed above.

@Mark Magnusson So this is Call Center Queue stuff. While exciting! It isn't standard CDR... Just wanted to clear that up. I didn't realize it until I saw per Agent. ;) 

15 minutes ago, Darren Schreiber said:

possible a sales person doesn't care, but there manager or boss would ask for this 5 times a month.. 

@esoare you can use missed call to email for the 20 DID sample. 

• 2600Hz Employees
49 minutes ago, esoare said:

@Mark Magnusson So this is Call Center Queue stuff. While exciting! It isn't standard CDR... Just wanted to clear that up. I didn't realize it until I saw per Agent. ;) 

Correct, sorry to muddy the waters with that info since it is a bit off topic, but just wanted to chime in since Dave was providing some Call Center specific info. (And it is related to a degree).

@esoare I'm a little surprised about all the pressure for reporting and analytics. You are using the FASTDEVICE reporting module and I believe it supports everything mentioned. Is there something additional that you need?

And, anyone else interested in a test drive of our reporting app, let me know.

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

11 hours ago, FASTDEVICE said:

@esoare I'm a little surprised about all the pressure for reporting and analytics. You are using the FASTDEVICE reporting module and I believe it supports everything mentioned. Is there something additional that you need?

@FASTDEVICE  I was chiming in for improvements on the CDR app from 2600hz. But since you asked about your reporting app.  Below are the functions that would be great to add. in bold. 

Some may be duplicates. p.s. I know you are working on some of these with ETL, and allowing access to the data through reporting software. But the bold items below, are as of right now.

Ability to look at call history for: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually
Ability to schedule reports – 

1) Change your current graph, to allow for "business hours" so that would be zoomed in by the hour, while the out of business hours, would be zoomed out (Maybe before and after...i like 00:00 - 07:00 <- make this changeable by customer, and 17:00-23:59 <- make this changeable by customer)
2) When a customer uses Click to call. It shows in CDR that it's an incoming call, instead of outgoing. Perhaps modify when the name shows "Click to Call" to make that "outgoing" in the metrics.
3) What about incoming calls based on numbers? 
    a) if a customer has multiple numbers, show all the numbers and how many calls came into those numbers. daily,weekly,monthly,quarterly,annually
    b) along with "every DID" allow for individual DID statistics.  
4) Total, Unique, Answered, Missed, Total Time, Longest, Average
5) Cost might be important, but not necessarily. Maybe make that optional? (for instance, my customers are on unlimited)
6) PDF Download
7) Email a PDF
8) Schedule a report to email a PDF (or HTML5?) 
9) To be clear, these reports don't need the CDR records in them. But a link to get to them/show them, "might"  be nice. 
10) Whole account compilation. Currently only extensions/lines

image.png.75650615a91e44305faeccbb6ab16e18.png

See below on the Sandbox CDR App. 
Who doesn't like Graphs! :)
See the hours in there? 

image.thumb.png.c5b637224e02dd08b145854cfe42ee00.png

p.p.s. These comments are for suggestions and improvements, it's not to "slight" anyone in there efforts! 

esoare

11 minutes ago, esoare said:
Ability to look at call history for: daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually
Ability to schedule reports – 

1) Change your current graph, to allow for "business hours" so that would be zoomed in by the hour, while the out of business hours, would be zoomed out (Maybe before and after...i like 00:00 - 07:00 <- make this changeable by customer, and 17:00-23:59 <- make this changeable by customer)
2) When a customer uses Click to call. It shows in CDR that it's an incoming call, instead of outgoing. Perhaps modify when the name shows "Click to Call" to make that "outgoing" in the metrics.
3) What about incoming calls based on numbers? 
    a) if a customer has multiple numbers, show all the numbers and how many calls came into those numbers. daily,weekly,monthly,quarterly,annually
    b) along with "every DID" allow for individual DID statistics.  
4) Total, Unique, Answered, Missed, Total Time, Longest, Average
5) Cost might be important, but not necessarily. Maybe make that optional? (for instance, my customers are on unlimited)
6) PDF Download
7) Email a PDF
8) Schedule a report to email a PDF (or HTML5?) 
9) To be clear, these reports don't need the CDR records in them. But a link to get to them/show them, "might"  be nice. 
10) Whole account compilation. Currently only extensions/lines

@esoare Thanks for the feedback. 

Anything past the date ranges 2600hz supports requires CDR data warehousing using our ETL process. The limitation is how long 2600hz stores the CDRs before they are removed. Data warehousing eliminates that issue as CDRs can be retained indefinitely.   

2 - already completed and available in the next update. 

6, 7, and 8 - ETL

10 - still deciding whether or not to included in our core report or ETL.  

On 11/2/2017 at 4:09 PM, Darren Schreiber said:

@esoare This was great, great feedback btw. Thank you. Working on your requests now. Probably won't do the auto-email thing though. Too much backend work.

Sure @Darren Schreiber . More than happy to help with this type of stuff. 

Gotta give another "shout out" to the forum! I don't think we would have gotten this far in collaborative conversations, with the old forum!

• 2 months later...

Already busy with it for more than an hour…. I can't get around it.

what is the easiest way to filter calls of 1 month on the downloaded excel file, Inbound and outbound let’s say from extension 103? What rows in excel should I be looking at?

Thanks. 

Hi Tuly,

The easiest way is to download the CDRs from SmartPBX. I'm thinking you want to select "Month" and then download.

The next step is to open the file in Excel. Select All (Ctrl + A), then format the data columns as a table. Selection should be on the top of the ribbon "Format as Table."

You can then select filtering from the columns. Use direction, from, or to.  You may have to do additional filtering as there are several legs to each call, but this is the general approach.