ASTPP billing integration to Kazoo

I just started playing with Kazoo for about 2 weeks now but as great as the software is, without billing you are going no where. I have tried my hands on CGrates, it looks like there is alot of work to be done before it can work properly with Kazoo. While researching I came by ASTPP billing which is an opensource billing with all the functionalities you would need to run as a Voip provider but the problem is that, the only official documentation I found is how to integrate it with freeswitch and opensips but nothing on Kazoo, I am just wondering if anyone here has tried their hands on it.

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Beshel 

Hi Beshel

I've contracted an ASTTP team to create a script to retrieve a CDRs from Kazoo, rate calls and generate an invoices. Work should be completed within a month. Hopefully.. 
I can let you know about the outcome once it's done if you wish.

Alex 

On 7/21/2017 at 4:12 PM, sema said:

Hi Beshel

I've contracted an ASTTP team to create a script to retrieve a CDRs from Kazoo, rate calls and generate an invoices. Work should be completed within a month. Hopefully.. 

Alex 

That will be great if they will make some billing solution for kazoo =)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 4:12 PM, sema said:

Hi Beshel

Alex 

Hi Alex, 

Do you have any updates on it?

• 1 month later...

I wrote a simple billing server in golang using channel destroy webhook that toggles call restrictions to stop or enable calling for prepaid and used cdrs for generating postpaid invoices. 

In my experience it's easier to write something small for billing from scratch since there are so many ways to do billing and it's easier than modifying an existing program.

You can also always plug into grafana to make pretty charts

Edited by Uzair Mahmud (see edit history)

• Administrators

We want to integrate with CGRates, I am considering working with them on it but just haven't found the time. They have approached us multiple times at conferences. Would be open to this if people want to sponsor it and then we can put a staff member on it, I would just open-source it once the time is paid off.

CGRates is a great piece of software!

I am wondering if something could be setup where you could post  things that need sponsoring and people could donate however much they could through that.  There could be a bar for each task that would show how much is collected and how much left to get to the goal.  You could also integrate that with polling or surveys on what features people want the most and the list could grow organically that way.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Uzair Mahmud said:

I am wondering if something could be setup where you could post  things that need sponsoring and people could donate however much they could through that.  There could be a bar for each task that would show how much is collected and how much left to get to the goal.  You could also integrate that with polling or surveys on what features people want the most and the list could grow organically that way.

We've actually considered this many, many times and looked at platforms like Tilt and even an open-source crowd-funding software. But the maintenance was very high and we don't want to hold people's money in "escrow" or deal with people who back out and we realized,  how do we pay for the maintenance once it's built? So I have not written the idea off but it proved more complicated than we envisioned.

• 7 months later...

There is an OpenSips module for CGrates that would probably simplify integration with Kazoo if it can be ported to Kamailio.

ASTPP is actually a decent little project imo .  It's a little buggy but it works and pretty easy to modify.  Probably not that easy to integrate with Kazoo and probably doesn't scale all that well but works well with standalone Freeswitch.

Edited by amn (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Hello dear,
I have entered your community. I've been into VoIP myself for many years. VoIP billing system is very important for service.
Before I go deep into the manual with my colleagues, I would like to briefly ask about billing / rating.
Will a Billing CGrateS be built into Kazoo today? (this system is trusted)
Or .. is there a possibility to connect third party billing?
Thank you in advance.
BR 
Alexander Zimmermann

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 10/6/2017 at 7:17 AM, Uzair Mahmud said:

Hello, Did you implement Cgrates with kazoo?