Straight to VM Feature Key

bway

1 minute ago, bway said:

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience setting up a Straight 2 VM feature key on the Polycom 400?

I don't think there is a way to press a transfer to voicemail button and then enter a voicemail box number; however, if it's a certain voicemail box that you are always transferring to then you can just setup a key for "**xxx" (without quotes) where xxx is the voicemail box number. Set the button to be "automata" and it will do a blind transfer into that person's voicemail. ** is the default feature code for transferring to voicemail.

15 hours ago, Karl Stallknecht said:

I don't think there is a way to press a transfer to voicemail button and then enter a voicemail box number; however, if it's a certain voicemail box that you are always transferring to then you can just setup a key for "**xxx" (without quotes) where xxx is the voicemail box number. Set the button to be "automata" and it will do a blind transfer into that person's voicemail. ** is the default feature code for transferring to voicemail.

We want to set up this feature for a receptionist. It's a great option for a single extension but not in this case.

14 hours ago, Mark Diaz said:

When you say "straight to VM", are you talking about using a feature key or the envelope key? Or are you talking about creating a transfer key that specifically transfers calls to an exts VM?

It'd be more of the latter. I want to create a transfer key that transfer specifically to a  user's or an extension VM. The receptionist would hit this key(transfer to vm key), and then press softkey on the sidecard to transfer to a user's vm.

SPC-Tim's method would certainly work! If you wanted to be fancy about it you could always create a macro in the config that provided a button to select during xfer that placed the ** in front of the ext/blf selection, effectively saving you 1 button press :D If you'd like I could show you a config example.

Mark - yes please!  I'm slogging through the Polycom admin guide and it's a beast.  I was looking for macro information a few weeks back and just kept finding snippets with no context or format.  If you have a references that's something of an alternate HOWTO for macros, that would be great.