New Yealink Firmware 82.0.20 +

esoare

If you are using the T4S series -> it would be prudent to upgrade to 66.82.0.20 on these devices. There 'seems' to be an issue with audio quality on lower firmware versions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are we getting the new firmware's for the Yealink's in the pipeline? 

This Thread Talks about the "need" of 82.0.20. Not sure if the T4xS series is having issues on lower firmwares. 

Below is a list of some/not all. 

It's interesting that they made the T4xS series the same ROM! 

58V(T56A)-58.80.0.25.zip New

T46S(T48S,T42S,T41S)-66.82.0.20.rom New

T46-28.82.0.20.rom New

esoare

p.s. I checked the sandbox, but none of the newer Yealink firmware was available. 

Edited by esoare
Added note on tome. (see edit history)

@SPC-Tim @Rick Guyton

So I have had great success with the newer firmwares for the Yealink T4xS series. 

Customers with Yealink T46S phones and Yealink T42S phones, have increased call reliability, no more dropped packet / what sounds like packet loss, but no counting on the RTP Status of the phones....

Having to move the phones off advanced provisioner, till we get the new firmware's available... A pain for administration, but at least I'm not losing the customers! 

This is what I get, since @Rick Guyton bought up all the last T42G and T46G phones in the country! 

upvote this or something, hopefully, we can get some eyes on the problem (I see it as a problem, but hope others can verify with their customers).. @Plau@Darren Schreiber

p.s. Is no one using the new Yealink T42S or Yealink T46S phones? Is it really only me out here with those deployed? 

14 hours ago, esoare said:

@SPC-Tim @Rick Guyton

So I have had great success with the newer firmwares for the Yealink T4xS series. 

Customers with Yealink T46S phones and Yealink T42S phones, have increased call reliability, no more dropped packet / what sounds like packet loss, but no counting on the RTP Status of the phones....

Having to move the phones off advanced provisioner, till we get the new firmware's available... A pain for administration, but at least I'm not losing the customers! 

This is what I get, since @Rick Guyton bought up all the last T42G and T46G phones in the country! 

upvote this or something, hopefully, we can get some eyes on the problem (I see it as a problem, but hope others can verify with their customers).. @Plau@Darren Schreiber

p.s. Is no one using the new Yealink T42S or Yealink T46S phones? Is it really only me out here with those deployed? 

@esoare

We have many T4S models deployed, even some T5S models. They are amazing phones so far but the way they provision with the AP scares a few clients cause it takes 2-3 reboots to download the entire configuration.

33 minutes ago, SPC-Tim said:

@esoare

We have many T4S models deployed, even some T5S models. They are amazing phones so far but the way they provision with the AP scares a few clients cause it takes 2-3 reboots to download the entire configuration.

@SPC-Tim Since you aren't necessarily using the AP.

You can check remotely by using the DEBUG app click on Details

image.thumb.png.279f9086eb6ac39026fb7bf619008f8f.png

will show you what Firmware it is

image.png.2c3d0dc88e0a293382efc54f4b0e8c1c.png

I would like to know. Because that would tell me. Yeah, we use the latest T4S, but all of them are at the latest firmware. Or if they aren't, what firmware are you using on those? 

Edited by esoare (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Travis Hawkins said:

Just to add to this discussion a little.  We have a couple of clients with T46S and T48S phones who have been having horrible voice quality.  We've tested upgrading to the 66.82 firmware and it appears to have resolved everything.  Unfortunately we've spent a lot of time troubleshooting for this to be the fix :-(

Thanks for the confirmation @Travis Hawkins!  I felt like I was the only one deploying these things! 

I spent a ton of time on this also! :( ugh. Yealink sure put us in a predicament in discontinuing the G series so fast.

Hopefully, the 66.82.0.20 can be tested and available on Advanced Provisioner quickly for the T4S series phones. 

@Travis HawkinsKeep an eye on BLF's, and see if you get more reports from your customers. Been having some issues with that, but I can't pinpoint anything quite yet. Hopefully, the BLF work last night on the servers will help.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The BLF issue of being Green even though a user/device is on a call is still happening in Hosted. Evidently its on long calls... Have a ticket in to get that fixed up. 

Will update when that is fixed. 

2-14-18 the advanced provisioner was updated. My phones went to the "default" selected by 2600hz. I noticed that on the morning of 2-15-18, had to go in and modify all the devices indavidualy to get the new 88.20 firmware. 

1 customer noticed they had issues on their T42Gs phones, because the firmware of 88.10 was grabbed by the phone... 

If anyone else has T4xS phones, you may want to check the devices, so that they are not on the old firmware after the advanced provisioner update. 

Esoare