Customer requires high quality phone particularly with speakerphone

avig2

Hello all.

I'm setting up a small law office who are moving over to VoIP for the first time. They are sold on the quality of the VoIP network but want to make sure that the phones

themselves will have a high level of voice quality, particularly when using the speakerphone for conference calls (small conference room).

I've spoken with a few offices who are using the Yealink T46S and they love it. Does anyone on the forum have an opinion on the T46S vs let's say a Polycom?

TBH in our testing lawyers (again to the high maintenance thing) seem to prefer the normal G711 sound.  Any change to that is a problem - we even once had to tweak sidetone settings on the VVX 500 series because they couldn't "hear themselves" talking in the handset.  Opus is great, but ultimately for compatibility we settled on plain old G722 for clients that don't mind the HD sound.

7 minutes ago, Karl Stallknecht said:

IMHO Polycom speakerphone is superior to pretty much anything out there, but that's my biased opinion 🙂

Agree with you - but they just can't compete with that pretty silver metal accent and big beautiful screen.  ha!

Just now, avig2 said:

So G711 for the ultimate quality then?

Well technically G722 is higher "quality" but sometimes it throws people off, also keep in mind it only really matters for internal calls - external calls get transcoded to G711 anyways.

I'm assuming its possible to for g722 calls to terminate externally if the provider supports it. But I agree, probably will be G711.

A bit of a tangent, is there a prefered hardware vendor(s) which the community prefers to purchase their phones?