KAZOOcon: hackathon signup and details here! ×

Polycom VVX Mulitcast Page Feature

Jack Noe

Hi All, GM!

We have  a customer  that has  2 floors,

The phones are with 5  VVX 300 phones.

Customer operates on page, where extensions page other phones, instead of ring the phone.

The problem is a page is a call which takes a few seconds, and other problems they have with the Kazoo Page.

Is it possible to set up a paging system with polycom itself, where 1 phone can page another phone withouht having to go thru Kazoo?

I mean page 2 way audio, not one way.

If it is possible,  can we program line 4 on the phone to page Phone A, and line key 5 to page  Phone B ?

This sounds like basic Polycom settings, which i am not familiar with.

Thank you all! appreciate the great support here!

4 minutes ago, esoare said:

@Jack Noe @Karl Stallknecht  - I know this doesn't speak to the "without kazoo" portion of your post! 

On Yealink's you can have a BLF key. 

Use the Intercom Feature Code *0 (Kazoo Part)  + BLF Button of user/device you want to call. 

This will allow for the two way call. 

That 'might' be an option? But I don't know polycom's. 

esoare 

That's a regular Kazoo intercom call which goes over SIP.  Jack is referring to multicast paging which is directly phone-to-phone.

Edit: I didn't see your first part lol...but yeah, you can do that on Polycoms too.

Edited by Karl Stallknecht (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Jack Noe said:

Thank you!

Karl, can i create a group with polycom and have a soft key page that group with two way audio ?

Do you have a config file that i can duplicate ?

Im really new to polycom, and dont know the basics Thank you!

It's under "Settings - Paging/PTT Configuration. You can control two-way settings on that page.

https://community.polycom.com/t5/VoIP-SIP-Phones/FAQ-How-can-I-use-PTT-Push-To-Talk-Paging-Page/td-p/49057