Jump to content
2600Hz Community

Set up 2nd Main number with own Callflow


avig2
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have a customer who would like to add another "Main Number" to his account but have its own callflow.

Currently their main number is set up in SmartPBX via "Incoming Call Handling", and under Virtual Receptionist by

Main Menu I assign "Press1 for ..." and also set up the greeting.

 

For the 2nd main number I went to advanced call flows added the new number then "Menu" but under Menu I only see an option

for greetings. How do i add "Press1 for...."

 

Also, could someone please advise if this is the correct to set up what I'm trying to accomplish.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@avig2 What you may want to do, is before the Menu. 

Drag over the Caller-ID - Prepend to put the name of the new entity, or business organization for the number ( High Priority, Company2)

Then Drag the Menu option on top of the Prepend. 

Then Drag another "Action" onto the Menu you created. 

The System will ask you which "option" you want that to be. 1,2,3,etc...

Always make sure to add a "Default" option, even if its the same as Option '0'

esoare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm getting a bit closer but still have some issues. In my test scenario the Users don't have devices so their ext defaults to VM

In SmartPBX>Main Number>Incoming Call Handling, when choosing Virtual Receptionist>Main Menu 

I could choose "Press 1 for USER", and when a caller press's "1" it goes straight to the Users VM since their isn't a device associated.

BUT, in the attached CallFlow if a caller press's "1" the call disconnects, it will only go to VM if "Press 1" is assigned to a VM.

Is there perhaps something built into the Main Number section in SmartPBX?

 

 

2nd Incoming Call Handling Callflow.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another question. The reason for the 2nd call flow is because a small 5 person firm is joining this one. They have Polycom’s VVX 401’s.  I’m getting them T46S’s for the office, but they want two phones for home, will the VVX 401’s work well with T46’s?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@avig2

On 7/1/2020 at 3:37 PM, avig2 said:

I'm getting a bit closer but still have some issues. In my test scenario the Users don't have devices so their ext defaults to VM

In SmartPBX>Main Number>Incoming Call Handling, when choosing Virtual Receptionist>Main Menu 

I could choose "Press 1 for USER", and when a caller press's "1" it goes straight to the Users VM since their isn't a device associated.

BUT, in the attached CallFlow if a caller press's "1" the call disconnects, it will only go to VM if "Press 1" is assigned to a VM.

Is there perhaps something built into the Main Number section in SmartPBX?

 

 

2nd Incoming Call Handling Callflow.PNG

You either stick with Smart PBX or Advanced Call Flows! 

I am guessing you just haven't assigned a Device to the user in Option 1. 

If that is accurate, you will need to put the Voicemail Box under the User for Option 1. 

In Advanced CallFlows, you are setting up with the call when you press 1. It will try the User -> Devices for the user, then if those aren't reached, what does your Call Flow above do? Nothing! It hangs up! You need to specifically put a Mailbox under the User! 

 

20 hours ago, avig2 said:

Another question. The reason for the 2nd call flow is because a small 5 person firm is joining this one. They have Polycom’s VVX 401’s.  I’m getting them T46S’s for the office, but they want two phones for home, will the VVX 401’s work well with T46’s?

There isn't a technical issue with using two different manufactures/devices being assigned to the same User, BUT from an administrative standpoint, and a Support standpoint, it is a nightmare (in my opinion). 

I recommend you have them/you sell those VVX401's (after factory reset) and get T46's, or even better T54W's, (they have WiFI built in) for those home office people. 

The only other thing I would do for home is CallThru.us or Comm.io.... 

esoare

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks a million for your explanation, I haven’t tried it out yet, but it makes sense. I’ll delete the incoming call handling in SmartPBX and rebuild both call flows in Advanced Callflows.

Is there a way to test out callflows/new configurations in a text environment instead of my live accounts? Every time I try to experiment with different options I get a pop up saying my bill is going to change. It makes it hard to play around with the system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, avig2 said:

Is there a way to test out callflows/new configurations in a text environment instead of my live accounts? Every time I try to experiment with different options I get a pop up saying my bill is going to change. It makes it hard to play around with the system. 

@avig2  Get access through support to https://sandbox.2600hz.com/ . 

Have a couple of test phones 3-4. And you can do all sorts of testing there! 

Bonus is that you can see what is planned on the apps. 

Hope that helps! 

esoare

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...