T27G Call Quality on <82.0.20

Rick Guyton

48 minutes ago, SPC-Tim said:

I have a few clients who run T27g's. and yes we are using SRV/NAPTR.

No issues to report and we are also on the us-west server.

...wow...mind blown. Thought for sure this was a firmware deal dead to rights... Would you mind sharing what codec you are using? Are you using advanced provisioner? Would you mind checking your debugging to see what firmware the phones are running?

I have been suffering on the T42's and T46's for new customers... Advance Provisioner . Ver 81.0.110... I think I am going to manually upgrade at least 1 new customer to the new firmware for testing purposes....

What was your old firmware on those t29g's ?

p.s. When is the advance provisioner going to get the New Yealink firmware? 66.82.0.20 for the T4xS series, the T29G series is 69.82.0.20. 

15 minutes ago, Tuly said:

@Rick Guyton i can also say we have more quality issues on Yealink T27 then all other phones,  what codec is the phone using? G722 or PCMU?

Tully T27Gs or T27Ps? T27Ps are flawless for us. The only issue I've ever had with them is that the very first revision of the firmware didn't light BLFs. T27Gs are were we have problems. G722 is what we use.

5 minutes ago, Tuly said:

you think there Is any noticeable difference with PCMU vs G722?  ill update to 82.0.20 and PCMU.....

H U G E!!!

There's no HD symbol. :)

Otherwise, not really. I mean you can hear it if you are calling between two HD phones. But that rarely happens.

Edited by Rick Guyton
Clarity. Also, I have an editing compulsion (see edit history)