OTT Mobile App - Ideas and Discussion

esoare

• esoare featured this topic

I'll start off.

I think the OTT App should:

Allow for WhiteLabeling

Allow dial out to customers with through the Cell Phone service using the USER's company DID for outgoing CLID, or the MAIN Business Number/Branch Business Number for the company.

Allow for BLF of User's

Allow for BLF of Device's

Allow for Transfering to other User's, using Names/Extensions/Faces

Have the User Portal Native

Allow for Seeing Faxes / Transmitting Faxes (Need to get fax transmission on the User Portal eh? I know I can API that, but I want to GUI that)

Allow access to the Cell Phone Contacts

Allow access to the SmartPBX Directory - or - Other Company Directories

I was talking to a general contractor, whos day consisted of being on the road and hands on with many construction projects. This meant he lived on his mobile and RingCentral's mobile app. It appeared to give him access to voicemails, SMS, and other things but he didn't have time to show me it all. I was wondering if anyone has this app and can do a breakdown of what it does? Suffice it to say I couldn't move him to our service without a similar app.  

• 4 weeks later...

As already mentioned we've done a mobile app for use with Kazoo, for now only own-hosted but we're planning on getting it to work with 2600hz hosted also.

Some of the features working now:

• CDRs that shows the Kazoo CDRs, as in Monster UI with clickable calls to get all calls legs etc. The numbers are also clickable for direct calling.
  • Set external CallerID, drop down shows all numbers assigned to the user or company default
  • Enable / disable user functions as; Call forwarding, "Allow use of cellphone's voicemail", "Keep Original Caller-ID" etc.
  • Ring groups shows all groups in the account, with possibility to login or logout (actually adds or removes the user to the group).
  • Push notifications, notices the user before mobile is ringing (to inform that this is a call from Kazoo, containing CID and CID name etc)
  • Dialing functions, integrated with the intent tel: so the app is automatically launched if clicking on a telephone number somewhere in the device. Also integrated with mobile phonebook.

Three different call methods; Callback, Callthru and Direct. Direct makes a normal call from the mobile device, showing the mobile number.
    Callback and Callthru will connect the call through the PBX, showing the PBX number and hides the mobile number.

Callback is used if the mobile user doesn’t want to pay for the call (if using a personal mobile at work - saving the company large sums in monthly costs!).
    If Callback is used the PBX first calls the mobile device, and when answer connects to the number entered.
    Callback can also be used with a SIP device in Kazoo, for instance your desktop phone. It has ”auto answer” in the request, so the phone will connect the call instantly (if supported - At least Grandstream phones have this). Like a remote call function for your desktop phone!

Callthru is used if the mobile user has unlimited calls and not being charged for a call to the PBX. When pressing that button the app sends a request to our backend at Kazoo, witch searches the callflows for a callthru number and sends back the number to the app. The mobile device instantly calls that number and gets connected to the number entered

• Presence / PAM function to select if you for example are on lunch, meeting or business trip etc, until a specific date or time. When someone is trying to reach you they will hear a voice saying ”The person you are calling is at lunch and will be back at 12:10”. It will also enable DND function on the user so MPK keys are showing availability.
    After the time has passed the system will automatically remove the presence and the DND. (Cron run every 1 minute).

The presence system is also reachable from the PBX phones with a feature code (*23*3*1440 = meeting until 14:40 etc). There are 9 different presence types.
    Presence / PAM isn’t enabled in the demo account (yet), but it’s possible to set the presence from the app (but it seems like time and date popup functions isn’t working very well in browser, it’s using the iOS or Android native in the real device).

Upcoming functions in progress:

• Softphone integration
  • Transfer calls to own devices or other users (including BLF status)
  • Listen to call recordings in CDR listings
  • Change opening hours
  • Voicemail functionality
  • Chat

The app is made with Ionic, so it works in iOS, Android and web browsers etc.

Edited by tomas_ (see edit history)

We're using a custom back-end that communicates with the mobile app.

Main reason for this is that the app was originally developed for another PBX (FusionPBX). Another reason is that we use functions not available in Kazoo, also security issues.

For now the back-end needs to be installed at the Kazoo server, our intention is to make the back-end communicate with the hosted platform also. The idea is that we host the back-end for those customers.

• Emily R unpinned and unfeatured this topic