Kazoo Version 5 open source

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Mooseable said:

I did get almost everything in 4.3 running in Rocky linux. Just not Kazoo's modules for freeswitch.

Do you happen to remember the details of what you tried (which versions and how installed) and what the actual problem was?

I notice there is a Freeswitch package for Rocky 8 at packages.2600hz.com but I don’t know if that targets v4.3 or v5.x.

• 1 month later...

So Kazoo-Applications and RabbitMQ builds can be done on Rocky/Alma 8. On 9, I can't get Erlang OTP 19.3 working, and kazoo won't build with Erlang OTP 20.3 or higher.
I have a freeswitch node up using Debian12, but I haven't tried sending calls to it yet as I need to get Kamailio working first.

If anyone wants to collab on the efforts to build on Rocky/Alma 8 or 9, let me know.

So far the challenge with Kamailio is the KazooDB binary (which is a wrapper for SQlite). Have either of you had Kazoo-Kamailio running off something like postgres instead? Also, drop me a DM if you want to collab over something like discord/whatsapp instead.

• 2 weeks later...

As a quick update, we have Kazoo 4.3 running on a mix of Debian 11, Debian 12 and Alma/Rocky 8. Haven't yet stress tested it, but we can at least place internal calls (not yet connected with CTS trunks), nor have all apps/features been tested.

@mc_ - are the rpms for Rocky8/9 for Kamailio/Freeswitch for Kazoo v5 only?

For everyone else, here's the "cliff notes" on versions needed to run 4.3. Once the installations are stress tested, I will work on documentation that others can follow.

🛋️  CouchDB [Version: 3.2.3] [OS: Debian 12] 
☑️ Running and working. Requires special HAPROXY config to reroute port 5986

🛜  Freeswitch [Version: 1.10.9] [OS: Debian 11] 
☑️ Running and working. Anything later than 1.10.9 fails to work with legacy messaging from kazoo-applications on the AMQP bus and crashes freeswitch.  Requires a signalwire personal access token to access the repo

🔐  Kamailio [Version: 5.5.7] [OS: Debian 11] 
☑️ Running and with a phone registered. Requires use of PostgreSQL instead of KazooDB. Config exists thanks to a fork from ruhnet.

⚙️  Kazoo-Applications [Version: 4.3 with OTP 19.3] [OS: Alma Linux 8] 
☑️ Running and working. Requires separate RabbitMQ node/docker image. 

🐇  RabbitMQ  [Version: 3.13.7] [OS: Docker] 
☑️ No notes other than its best to be run inside a docker container on the same node as your kazoo-applications node.

👾  Monster-UI [Version: 4.3] [OS: Alma Linux 9] 
Working. Had to "compile" it on an older machine, then just tarballed the result and copied to Alma 9 due to issues with node package versions and GULP. Since this only needs to run a web server, you can run this on any OS.

5 minutes ago, mc_ said:

I don't know the specifics but I know a lot of the configs are different in 5.x. Some consolidated or deprecated. Not sure how Kam in 5.x would react to 4.3 Kam configs. Will pose to Luis and see

Thanks---that would be great if you could find out---it would solve the immediate issue of upgrading past unsupported CentOS 7 for v4.3 installs at least for Kamailio, since you already have the Rocky packages for Kamailio available. Even if the configs are incompatible we could work on fixing that, as long as the Kazoo module itself in Kamailio isn't doing something that's not compatible with v4.3.