Outbound Faxbox Custom Domains

• 2600Hz Employees
Hi Karl, this is a great idea! As of now, Monster UI does not allow you to customize this, but we can discuss enabling this in Monster UI if you'd like it to be included. How would you like to be able to customize this? On a per subaccount basis? The more information you can give us about how you'd like to see it, the better! 

Hi Katie - I think it would be great if we could customize it "provider wide" or across all of our clients, similar to how voicemail notifications and our CNAME are setup. I can see though how it might also be helpful to be able to configure it on a per-account basis as well so a company could use fax.company.com instead of having to use fax.slable.com - I don't think any of our clients care, but some of 2600hz's other partners might want that flexibility.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I would like to see options for custom domain support or the ability to manually specify the unique value in the faxbox domain.  However, you can use cPanel to forward emails from subdomains to outside domains.

I know this thread is old but I wanted to post an update in case someone else reads it in the future.

1. Get a custom domain (bestfax.com).
2. Get cPanel hosting.
3. Setup subdomain for customer. (customer.bestfax.com).
4. Create subdomain in cPanel.
5. Setup "Forwarders" in cPanel to forward all domain mail from customer.bestfax.com to your faxbox address 32kj423lkj49.sdlkfjsdf934j.zswitch.net.

I was thinking about this some more.  How would this work with multiple fax boxes if you are using the SIP realm?  The goal with the forwarders is to avoid using a randomly generated mailbox name.

If there are 2 faxbox 1.zswitch.net and 2.zswitch.net how do I set them to custom1.custom.com and custom2.custom.com?

• 4 weeks later...
It would be awesome if we could do the following:

1. Specify a custom DNS domain for each fax box in advanced settings.  Example: (fax.client.com).

2. Configure a CNAME MX record for the custom domain that is the actual fax box SMTP domain like 1234dxcfd.fax.zswitch.net.

I am not sure if this is technically possible or not, but it would sure be nice.