ATA Provisioning.

Anthony Goss

• Administrators
We have that in the works, yes. It's not quite done yet. Trying to find some solutions so that, out-of-the-box, the storage, archival and security solutions are resolved while ALSO integrating with additional service platforms that have interfaces, synchronization, ease-of-use benefits, mobility, etc.

More to come...

I get that. Just curious. Every once in a while one of my clients will stumble on the call recording in the GUI and want to set it up. Right now I don't have a very good solution for storing them and making them available for the client to listen to. So it's not very fun to tell them it basically doesn't work. It'd be nice to be able to honestly be able to tell them that we are working towards being able to store those recordings into a cloud provider.

• Administrators
So we already integrated the provisioner with the Obihai's, but there were so many problems with the existing templates that we decided not to roll out anymore new templates until all bugs with provisioner were fixed. Yealink screwed us a bit because they changed the format of major settings between their firmware version upgrades (they now have two concepts, "ComboKeys" and "Line Keys" even though the T22 and T23, for example, are nearly identical). They also changed their port mapping strategy, which screwed up a bunch of firewall stuff.

So, yeah, that took a while. But I believe that's all done now.

We have one outstanding issue, actually from Karl on this board which he has been waiting for for a while, where he sent in a video showing that BLFs don't work right on Polycoms via the new provisioner. This is totally weird and we can't figure it out so I've asked our team to test again, otherwise setup a live debug next week w/ Karl to fix that.

We're rolling out a new security system for provisioner this weekend and also a neat new feature that I'm not  going to mention here because it might not work :-) It's really hard to test. But if it does, you guys are going to be psyched </teasing>

ONCE WE'RE DONE WITH ALL THAT, then we will start adding more models. My list includes:
* Grandstream Phones (we are already working on these, and Grandstream is releasing a fix for NAPTR/SRV records, which we now require, in their next release so that their phones failover properly on our system)
* Grandstream ATAs
* Obihai ATAs

I am really on the fence about Cisco 79XXs, we stopped getting requests for them, so I could use some input there. They are such a nightmare and have so little functionality.

We get a lot of calls about the Panasonic Wireless sets, but they fail to re-register automatically if they ever get a response back to a REGISTER that is anything other than 200 OK and we've never gotten them to fix that, so that one scares me. It's a terrible user experience having to reboot the phone to get it back online, for any reason. Sooooo yeah on that one, too.

Finally, I should note, in regards to faxing, there ARE special settings for fax ATA devices. We're working on a new tool and guide for that. We still can't guarantee 100% but it's much better and we've learned a LOT. So we'll probably explicitly have ATAs in the provisioner, and then "ATAs connected to Fax Machines" as a section.

Darren: Ditto on Panasonic. They don't seem to want to stay registered with any VoIP provider we have tried using them on. The providers that do support them though have provisioning profiles and they seem to work on those. I never took the time to compare the config beyond a basic run through and couldn't find any differences, so who knows.

That is great news on the Fax ATA settings.  I was hoping someone would post their best practices on those.  It seems you are already working on it.  Awesome.

I have been very happy with the T37 email faxing features built into Smart PBX.

I think the HTTPS based ATA's are really where the community needs to be going in terms of using an on-premise based fax machine.

• 4 years later...
On 3/18/2016 at 12:27 PM, Darren Schreiber said:

So we already integrated the provisioner with the Obihai's, but there were so many problems with the existing templates that we decided not to roll out anymore new templates until all bugs with provisioner were fixed. Yealink screwed us a bit because they changed the format of major settings between their firmware version upgrades (they now have two concepts, "ComboKeys" and "Line Keys" even though the T22 and T23, for example, are nearly identical). They also changed their port mapping strategy, which screwed up a bunch of firewall stuff.

So, yeah, that took a while. But I believe that's all done now.

We have one outstanding issue, actually from Karl on this board which he has been waiting for for a while, where he sent in a video showing that BLFs don't work right on Polycoms via the new provisioner. This is totally weird and we can't figure it out so I've asked our team to test again, otherwise setup a live debug next week w/ Karl to fix that.

We're rolling out a new security system for provisioner this weekend and also a neat new feature that I'm not  going to mention here because it might not work 🙂 It's really hard to test. But if it does, you guys are going to be psyched </teasing>

ONCE WE'RE DONE WITH ALL THAT, then we will start adding more models. My list includes:
* Grandstream Phones (we are already working on these, and Grandstream is releasing a fix for NAPTR/SRV records, which we now require, in their next release so that their phones failover properly on our system)
* Grandstream ATAs
* Obihai ATAs

I am really on the fence about Cisco 79XXs, we stopped getting requests for them, so I could use some input there. They are such a nightmare and have so little functionality.

We get a lot of calls about the Panasonic Wireless sets, but they fail to re-register automatically if they ever get a response back to a REGISTER that is anything other than 200 OK and we've never gotten them to fix that, so that one scares me. It's a terrible user experience having to reboot the phone to get it back online, for any reason. Sooooo yeah on that one, too.

Finally, I should note, in regards to faxing, there ARE special settings for fax ATA devices. We're working on a new tool and guide for that. We still can't guarantee 100% but it's much better and we've learned a LOT. So we'll probably explicitly have ATAs in the provisioner, and then "ATAs connected to Fax Machines" as a section.

Darren,

Do you have a listing of the basic settings that are needed to configure an AudioCodes MP-11x ATA?