Faxbox comments and questions from customer using srfax.com, Faxbox vs srfax?

Marie

We have someone asking if our Faxbox will do the same things as their current fax solution called srfax.com.  As far as I know we do not have all of these features.  Will they be put in place in the future?  See me responses I am preparing below. thanks

Couple questions/comments...

We currently use srfax.com to send and receive emails electronically. It works great. Some features that are nice:  

1. The email becomes the cover page of the fax so you don't have to create a separate cover page somehow and attach it
With Faxbox, If you need a fax cover page, create it and send it as an attachment.

2. We are able to add other attachments such as word documents and have them included
Faxbox attachments need to be sent as pdf or tiff format.

3. Users without a dedicated fax number are still able to send a fax (and receive their confirmation)
Faxbox user will need to have a fax number to send and receive faxes.

4. We get success and fail notifications via email (the actual fax as an attached pdf which you do as well)
Faxbox will send these alerts.

5. "email" to send a fax is very simple - 17054985939@srfax.com for all users, basically just 10digitnumber@srfax.com
Faxbox uses this format as well.

1. Do you know what order the attachments send in if there are multiple PDFs? It becomes a bit tedious and more confusing for non technical people to merge PDF pages into one file and if they send in the wrong order, a cover page coming at the end or in between other faxes would be confusing.

5. Agreed, but it's definitely confusing for clients to have to type in the gibberish (i.e. y89uhfpojwfoijwop), versus just fax.zswitch.net (or even better, fax.clientdomain.com)

• Administrators
#1 is a neat idea as it's convenient. I think we'll discuss that with engineering.

#2 is tricky because converting from DOC, DOCX, etc. formats doesn't always render the same when TIFF, and the document must be converted when sent. If we did this, we can't guarantee it would always "look right" which will frustrate people. But we can see.

#3 We've had a bunch of requests to be able to have a "company wide" fax number, and are investigating that concept.

#4 Already exists

#5 You'll be able to customize the domains on the next release.

• 11 months later...
I created an enhancement request for creating a cover page based on the email sending the fax.

This also allows users to send faxes without actually having or creating a PDF.  We often test clients fax machines by just sending an email with no attachment to our old fax service (GFI Faxmaker Online).  This is super quick for us to do since we don't have to bother with attaching any kind of PDF.

https://2600hz.atlassian.net/browse/UI-2167