create user without email

esoare

I have a client (Chiropractic office) and they want traditional phone stuff for their voicemail. No voicemail to email, and no real logging into the UI interface at all.

Is there a way to create a User without email addresses?

I could use advanced call flows to do extentions to devices, but voicemail boxes are associated with users. (usually), and the "Main Extension" is an important piece to the client for them to see who is on the phone.

Also, some of the phones (which I want to have a "Main Extension" on as well) are in patient areas, do I just create a "fake user" for those locations? Kill the Voicemail box?

Anyone else have this problem? How do you get around it?

I already though of creating fake email addresses to one of my domains, but that seems a touch "crazy"!

so www.na.com is a real domain.
na@na.com I received a bounce back on. Hopefully they never activate that user/email address!

lol

but what if you don't want the "Fake user" to have voicemail at all! What do you do?

Your message to na@na.com couldn't be delivered.
na wasn't found at na.com.
e Office 365 na
Action Required Recipient
Unknown To address

How to Fix It
The address may be misspelled or may not exist. Try one or more of the following:
Send the message again following these steps: In Outlook, open this non-delivery report (NDR) and choose Send Again from the Report ribbon. In Outlook on the web, select this NDR, then select the link "To send this message again, click here." Then delete and retype the entire recipient address. If prompted with an Auto-Complete List suggestion don't select it. After typing the complete address, click Send.
Contact the recipient (by phone, for example) to check that the address exists and is correct.
The recipient may have set up email forwarding to an incorrect address. Ask them to check that any forwarding they've set up is working correctly.
Clear the recipient Auto-Complete List in Outlook or Outlook on the web by following the steps in this article: Fix email delivery issues for error code 5.1.10 in Office 365, and then send the message again. Retype the entire recipient address before selecting Send.

• Administrators
Yuck, adding bogus addresses is nasty. It generates a bunch of bounce backs on our side and makes it hard to keep deliverability status high if people mark it as spam from a random domain. Please don't do that.

Please file a feature request detailing what you're trying to do. Is it really that there's no email associated, or is it that you wish to prevent login to the user and/or voicemail to email notices? Please be specific and we'll find a way to solve it.

@Darren, interesting reply as my developers are telling me that an email account is now required to create a user. We have been using "account_ext@fastdevice.net" as the username to create the user's account. However, the email account for sending vm and fax is separate. We also don't expect these types of users to be logging into the monster portal. Is there any issue (besides logging in) with making a bogus email account name for the username? 

I agree with the whole bounce back, that is why I tried that email. :)

It's a difficult scenario, due to the requirement of a User, for the BLF "Main Extension Number" being tied to the User, and the User requiring an "email address" and the User automatically building a Voicemail Box (even if one isn't necessary...see KAZOO-4666)

I went ahead and created 3 requests.

I apologize ahead of time for putting them in the wrong area! Really, I am sorry!

They are somewhat similar, but different , reasons are associated with each requests.

User without email address (Because some clients don't have emails for all users)
https://2600hz.atlassian.net/browse/K...

Allow for Main Extension Number to be associated with a Device (Because BLF works only with Main Extension Number, and we may want BLF in a Lunch Room)

Create a User without a Voicemail box, or email address - In Monster UI (We may want BLF for a Lunch Room Phone)

esoare

I meant to say "Main Extension Number" which is a field that handles the BLF lights, and is associated with a "User".

If I want to have a BLF on the receptionist phone that shows when someone uses the Lunch Room phone.

I need to create a User with "Main Extension Number" programmed, so that can happen, but that get's me into the following issues / problems.

1. Need to create a Fake User so that I can utilize the "Main Extension Number"
2. Need to create a Fake email address, because I can't create my Fake User without an email address.
3. Need to change the ringing to 40 seconds, just so people hangup before being hung up on.
4. Need to Delete the voicemail box associated with that Fake User, because I don't want a black hole voicemail box

I apologize for muddying the waters by asking multiple things in the same thread.
For me right now (because I can create fake emails to my domain, and I won't mark them as SPAM) I can do the scenario above for the Lunch room, etc... But not do numbers 3 and 4 in the list for the Real Users, that need voicemail, but don't need/want emails associated with the User.

esoare

• 2 months later...
So I am going to have to create those 13 users with fake emails. :(

I thought I had it figured out, because I could (In Advanced Call Flows) create a Device with a "PresenceID". (I think that is the "Main Number" for BLF use)

But I couldn't figure out, how to make the voicemail box, turn on the message waiting on the device, without the user. Therefore, here comes the bouncebacks. I'm going to use my own domain though, none of this na@na.com stuff. :)

Link to Question I created. : https://helpcenter.2600hz.com/2600hz/...