Callflow limiations

Jack Noe

Hi. We have a callfow which we call callflow A.

Option 1 in this callflow goes to a new callflow which we will call callflow B.

This callflow call B, option 1 goes to a third callflow called call C.

Now in the call C callflow, when dialing 1 we set it to ring a device in the account, but it doesnt work, instead the menu plays again.

IS there a limitations on callflows ?

Now might also be a good time to bring up the safe use of menus by preventing callers from dialing erroneous extensions.

It's always a good idea to whitelist values using a regex. In this example I'm restricting callers from dialing anything outside my user extension list of 1xxx.

The regex is:  ^(1\d{3})$  and a great way to test your regex is here  https://regex101.com/

image.png.26d702bea7d6992c743992e0f89498b5.png

of course this applies if you have the following enabled:

image.png.bb8413c7caa345b4ed766e84632977a4.png

Edited by FASTDEVICE (see edit history)

@Jack Noe

Hey Jack,

There is a limit to how many "hops" you can have in callflows. I'll have to double check the exact number. I want to say it's around 30 or 35 "hops". When callflows branch to other callflows, that's considered 1 "hop". As a safety mechanism to prevent looping, if the callflow application branches too many times in a single call, the callflow is terminated to prevent the loop. 

Not exactly what you're describing, but I figured I'd lend my 2 cents to answer your initial question.

• 2600Hz Employees

There is "max_branch_count", in the 'callflows' system_config, that defaults to 50 branches. Each time the callflow branches, it decrements its counter (starting at 50 or whatever the system_config says) until it hits 0 when it will stop the call.