New T4S Yealink Phones & WF40 Wifi Dongle

Logicwrath

On 7/30/2017 at 9:43 PM, esoare said:

Plau, 

I see that the upgrade happened. 

An FYI, the main account is appearing on two buttons.built a new Yealink T42G and T42Gs, and this happens. 

It happened on the sandbox, but I failed to report it.

Hope this is a quick bug fix. 

Thanks, 

Esoare

FYI. If you are deploying and have the issue with the two buttons showing up for the first account. 

You can set the Combo Key 2, to N/A in Advanced Provisioner, (or something else, if you use that) until the bug gets fixed. 

esoare

• 2 months later...

HI all - I realize I'm late to the party but wanted to post some real world feedback on the WF40 dongle for the Yealink phones. I just finished deploying 400 of these using the T29G phone and I would NOT recommend using it. We've seen a high failure rate and it's generally unreliable. You have no control over it (no firmware) and it's really small so the range is limited. I'm getting yelled at a lot these days but the client didn't want to pay for cabling so...

We are testing a couple phones with built in WIFI for the next time I get suckered into this topology. 

On 10/6/2017 at 1:45 PM, Josh Robbins said:

HI all - I realize I'm late to the party but wanted to post some real world feedback on the WF40 dongle for the Yealink phones. I just finished deploying 400 of these using the T29G phone and I would NOT recommend using it. We've seen a high failure rate and it's generally unreliable. You have no control over it (no firmware) and it's really small so the range is limited. I'm getting yelled at a lot these days but the client didn't want to pay for cabling so...

We are testing a couple phones with built in WIFI for the next time I get suckered into this topology. 

I wonder if it's any better on the T4x series phones. I wonder... :)

• 4 weeks later...