New T4S Yealink Phones & WF40 Wifi Dongle

Logicwrath

How often are your phones breaking that you're concerned about warranty? Honestly, considering most phones are < $200 and the fact that we have only seen two break/stop working since we started doing VoIP 8 years ago, I never really thought it mattered. Amazon actually isn't an authorized vendor for most products they sell, and if anything arrives DoA you just return it to Amazon with no hassle. 

We give all of our customers a three year warranty on their phones if they purchase them, and only twice have we had to replace a phone and eat the cost. In both instances we just threw the old ones out and didn't bother filing a warranty claim. I'm pretty sure both phones were older than a year, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway where we purchased them from.

Well, I think we've had more than two. But yea, it's low enough that I don't really care. And I've never had one break while under warranty. The only concern is that technically, phones purchased through grey market don't qualify for use with their RPS system. And it's really nice that when someone factory resets one of our phones, it just reprovisions with us automatically. I've never seen a phone that actually wouldn't provision because of this. But, I'm not buying may phones that way either.

• 2 weeks later...
One of my distributors told me about week ago that they were able to procure 600 more T46G's from Yealink.  I thought awesome, based on your volume how long do you expect those to last?  They told me 1-2 months.

I placed an order today for 1 phone and I got a call.  We only have 1 open box phone left.  All 600 were sold to what I suspect is high volume re-sellers hoarding stock.

Additionally, I was told that Yealink is on Chinese new year's for 3 weeks and there is no one they can complain too and that Yealink stopped producing these phones 3 weeks ago.

I have not tried calling other vendors yet as I only needed the one phone for now.  I am however, worried.  Yealink is no treating their US customers and distribution partners correctly with this behavior.

New phone, New Firmware + Chinese New Years!

Maybe, I need to get comfortable with Polycom.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2600Hz Employees

HI,

I'm working on setting up a dedicated firmware server to store all the multiple firmware versions as we have a growing collection of firmwares and need for space. Once I have it working in our sandbox environment, I'll schedule a deployment with our Ops team. Usually we like to deploy updates to Provisioner end of day Fridays so it'll be up end of this week or next week.

On 7/17/2017 at 2:51 PM, Plau said:

HI,

I'm working on setting up a dedicated firmware server to store all the multiple firmware versions as we have a growing collection of firmwares and need for space. Once I have it working in our sandbox environment, I'll schedule a deployment with our Ops team. Usually we like to deploy updates to Provisioner end of day Fridays so it'll be up end of this week or next week.

Plau,

Since it didn't happen last week. Is there hope for this Friday? :)

Two deployments are waiting, and I want to get it figured out for my customers sake. 

esoare

p.s. I know I probably could accomplish through regular provisioning on the Yealink T42S's. But I don't want to do things twice...

• 2600Hz Employees

It didn't happen last week because I ended up finding a couple more issues and didn't have time to make a full announcement for the upgrade. We will be posting an announcement either today or tomorrow about the upgrade scheduled for this Friday along with release notes of changes and fixes to Provisioner, so look out for that update.

• 2600Hz Employees
11 minutes ago, esoare said:

I know I probably could accomplish through regular provisioning on the Yealink T42S's. But I don't want to do things twice...

You can provision it as a T42G, then later go into the Callflows App -> Devices and change the device type from T42G to T42S. Afaik, that's the only place to change a device type after it's been added.

3 hours ago, Plau said:

You can provision it as a T42G, then later go into the Callflows App -> Devices and change the device type from T42G to T42S. Afaik, that's the only place to change a device type after it's been added.

Plau,

I wouldn't recommend that. I did the following, and the Phone was removed from Advanced Provisioner. 

Built a Smart PBX using T42G template.
After provisioning (which didn't look quite right)
I changed the device type in Callflows/Devices to T42S.
That removed the phone from advanced provisioner. 
But the phone was in SmartPBX
I Tried re-saving the Smart PBX device after making minor changes, but that did not work. 
So, I would not recommend changing the Device type in CallFlows. :) 

I'll hope for success this Friday. 

3 hours ago, Plau said:

It didn't happen last week because I ended up finding a couple more issues and didn't have time to make a full announcement for the upgrade. We will be posting an announcement either today or tomorrow about the upgrade scheduled for this Friday along with release notes of changes and fixes to Provisioner, so look out for that update.

p.s. I will keep an eye out for this. :)

• 2600Hz Employees
22 minutes ago, esoare said:

Plau,

I wouldn't recommend that. I did the following, and the Phone was removed from Advanced Provisioner. 

Built a Smart PBX using T42G template.
After provisioning (which didn't look quite right)
I changed the device type in Callflows/Devices to T42S.
That removed the phone from advanced provisioner. 
But the phone was in SmartPBX
I Tried re-saving the Smart PBX device after making minor changes, but that did not work. 
So, I would not recommend changing the Device type in CallFlows. :) 

I'll hope for success this Friday. 

Oh, I didn't think that would happen. It didn't before, so that's why I recommended that action.

• 2600Hz Employees

I just tested by changing a T23P to a T23G and I didn't run into any issues on sandbox.

What it sounds like is that the device is in another account. Saving a device in Smart PBX and Callflows uses the same operation to save to Provisioner. If you saved on either Smart PBX or Callflows, and it doesn't show up in Advanced Provisioner, that generally means the device is in another account.

Plau, 

I see that the upgrade happened. 

An FYI, the main account is appearing on two buttons.built a new Yealink T42G and T42Gs, and this happens. 

It happened on the sandbox, but I failed to report it.

Hope this is a quick bug fix. 

Thanks, 

Esoare