presence status window or web dashboard

Marie

Our customer is looking for web interface for showing presense.  They are wondering if we can offer something like what Google does as per the statement below.

When you’re on a business call, your Google Chat status automatically
turns from green (available) to red (busy), thus keeping you from being
disturbed by friends and co-workers. Once you’re done, it reverts back to
green, giving them the signal that a call is again unobtrusive.

Customer also has follow up question:
- do you provide access to the webhooks (WH) available within Kazoo API
<https://2600hz.atlassian.net/wiki/display/APIs/WebHooks>;?
- or could you offer a simple web dashboard showing the user's status using
those WH?

Most of the IP PBXs have an app that allows you to chat, transfer, Presence, vmail etc.    I sold a ton of Trixbox/ fonality PBXs in the past.  When I try to get them to switch to hosted, they refuse because they have become attached to the app.  They call it HUD.  There are 3rd party apps like: http://www.fop2.com/ http://www.getisymphony.com/    Those are all for asterisk,  I can not seem to find anything for freeswitch.  

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
The question is, is it an app yet? :)
For us hosted reseller's it's harder to put capital out / setup servers / etc.. (Though Anthony Goss, will) but we support 2600hz by keeping our clients with you, versus, going with another provider.

My development team has already build desktop integration that hooks to Web and Window's apps to pop contact information screens for CRMs or launch applications. This has been deployed for about 1.5 years and working flawlessly. This month we are deploying a full admin/ user portal with call analytics that provides reporting on extensions and phone numbers.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
We are working on doing this w/ WebSockets but if there are existing versions, that will definitely be the faster route to go. Would anyone be willing to sell alternative solutions via our app store for this tool? We get asked it a lot. I want to be sure the implementation is not doing naughty things to our system, though.

I only have a small proof of concept using the webhooks for updating call/presence events while using the channels API to initialize/periodically keep things in sync. Seems to work okay. The user discovery process is a bit of a pain because a customer may add a few new users and devices but until they fire off a new call there is nothing to kick off the discovery process automatically so you have to periodically check for changes on a schedule which seems so terrible to me these days with webhooks right there. I was hoping to use a webhook event based on account changes that I thought I heard mention of at kazoocon but haven't seen anything that triggers on user or device MACD operations.

@Darren - any info on how the websockets API will look in terms of entity discovery and initializing presence display across an account or sub accounts?

• 2600Hz Employees
Jesse, this is one of the primary use cases for websockets (showing presence without needing to periodically check for changes). I don't have info at the moment on how it will display across sub-accounts at this time, but we will update this thread when websockets are available to test or use, and I'm pretty sure what account the user is in will be part of the contextual information. Stay tuned. :)

• Administrators
Ironically, the code WAS released last year basically (about 9 months ago). We've only turned it on for some beta customers and some dedicated customers. And we've learned about a whole bunch of problems with it, ranging from there not being enough events implemented for it to be useful to it being unstable.

We're actually pretty sure we've addressed most of those items and I'm hoping to take another crack at turning it on for the masses this week.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to roll out this fairly challenging feature.